These homemade lip scrub remedies will leave your lips feeling soft, but without the chemicals or the expensive price tag. It is simple and easy to make homemade lip scrubs , so you can save a little money.
Below are some effective lip scrub recipes. Do not use them more than 3-4 times per week, or you might strip your lips of their natural moisture, which will make your chapped lips worse.
It is most effective to exfoliate your lips during bedtime, followed by a good lip balm.
Milk is known for its benefits on your body. It contains potassium, calcium, vitamin B2, vitamin B12 and several other nutrients. Also, it contains moisturizing properties.
Mix milk and turmeric.
2. Apply the paste mixture on the lips.
3. Leave on for 5 minutes before scrubbing off gently.
2. Pomegranate Juice
Pomegranate contains natural bleaching properties that redden and lighten your dark lips.
1. Make juice out of the pomegranate seeds.
2. Dip a cotton ball into this juice.
3. Rub on your lips.
3. Sugar and Honey Scrub
Tbsp brown sugar
1 squirt of honey (just enough to mix with brown sugar for making a paste)
1 drop vanilla
1. Mix all ingredients together thoroughly.
2. Scrub into lips and exfoliate gently.
3. Leave on for a 1-2 m inutes.
4. Rinse off using warm water.
5. Apply a lip balm afterwards to rehydrate lips.
Use at least 1-2 times weekly.