Using onion juice is an effective method for promoting hair regrowth and boosting hair growth. Onion juice for hair growth received great reviews from users with noticeable before and after results.
The sulfur content of onion juice helps in improving blood circulation, promoting hair regrowth and stimulating hair follicles. Sulfur is known as one of the primary building blocks of hair. It is essential for healthy keratin and collagen.
A study that was published in the Journal of Dermatology reported that applying onion juice to your scalp might help in hair regrow for some people.
The below recipe for Hair Growth will also promote shiny and smooth hair because of the addition of honey. Honey is filled with antioxidants and attracts moisture.
Homemade Onion Juice with Honey for Hair Growth:
Essential oil of your choice (optional)
1. Peel, chop and then blend the onion.
2. Place the blended pulp in a strainer.
3. Using a spoon, press the pulp in order to extract the juice.
3. Add 1-2 teaspoons of honey into the onion juice.
4. You can also add a few drops of an essential oil, such as lavender oil.
How to Use:
1. Massage your bald patches or your entire scalp using this mixture.
2. Cover your hair using a shower cap, and leave on overnight, or for at least for 30 minutes.
3. Rinse your hair the next morning.
4. Do this hair loss treatment method daily for at least a few months or until you are satisfied with the results.
1. Instead of blending the onion, you can also grate it, then extract the juice.
2. For squeezing, you can use cheesecloth instead of a strainer. Also, you can use a juicer.
3. To avoid tearing while you are cutting the onion, chill it in the freezer for about 15 minutes, and then chop it.
4. If you want to add a fragrant essential oil, you can use lavender, rosemary, peppermint or other similar oils that help in promoting hair growth.
5. Also, you can add some rose water or lemon juice to mask the onion smell.